Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse Book 3)- Charlaine Harris


This book was actually a little slower than the others so it took me longer to read. It almost felt like the author was trying to draw out the story a little bit. Don't get me wrong, it was still a good story. But it definitely had those times where I almost wanted to skip through some of the more descriptive parts to get to something a little more exciting. 

When Bill goes missing, Eric sends her to Jackson in order to find out what happened to him since she had the gift of Telepathy. She is paired up with a Werewolf named Alcide (one of the characters from the show actually) and together they discover what happened to Bill and then plan an elaborate rescue. 

After everything is said and done, Sookie has pretty much had enough with the supernatural world and wants to live a normal life. As much as she can with what she can do, even going as far as rescinding the invitation into her home that she had given Bill and Eric. 

This story had it's ups and downs. It had those really exciting times were I was sitting at the edge of my seat and focused solely on what was being read. But then it also had those moments that I continued to look at the page number or my watch to see just how long it was going to take to get more interesting. This is probably the slowest story out of the three I have read so far. 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment