Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Living Dead In Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse #2)- Charlaine Harris



This is the second installment in the Sookie Stackhouse series. 

It was in this book that I really started seeing the differences between the books and the TV Series, True Blood, and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about them. To me, the TV series seemed to flow a lot better. Things fit together easier. This book, while still really good, seemed a bit off to me. Maybe, again, it's because I am partial to the TV show. But this book didn't have the same relationships that they did in TV show and that really threw me. Some of my beloved TV show characters were either not in the book at all or killed off in a paragraph, destroying the relationship I had already felt towards them due to the show. 

But none of that, in no way, means that this book was not enjoyable. It was. It's very well written and still has a very good story line. I just don't want you to believe that the show is EXACTLY like the book series. Because it's not. While the show does follow the main points of the book, some of the characters and relationships you built with them, are not the same in the slightest. 

We start this book back up with Sookie and Vampire Bill. Eric has asked them to go to Dallas, as a favor, so that Sookie can use her telepathic abilities to help locate a Vampire that has gone missing. Trouble ensues and Sookie finds herself being held captive by the Fellowship of the Sun, religious fanatics whose motto is to take the UN out of UNDEAD. 

Once she finally gets back in Bon Temps in Bon Temps, Sookie still has to worry about identifying a murderer and dealing with a Meanad (not sure if I spelled that right.) Her life sure was a lot easier when the supernatural wasn't involved.  

Again, another really good read. Still recommend it, even if I am slightly disappointed that I watched the TV series first. 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment