Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A bit about Me!

Hey all! I figured I should write a little bit about me so you can get to know me a bit. 

First off, I'm a 29 year old Marine Wife. Been married for almost 8 years now and we have two beautiful children, a boy, age 3, and a girl, age 6. We were both born and raised in sunny, Southern California but now reside in North Carolina because this was where the Marines brought us. We ended up liking it here so much that we actually bought our first house a few months ago and I couldn't be happier. 

I am a stay at home mom. I care for my kids, take care of the house and all the bills, etc. and I also babysit for another Marine in my husband's unit who is a single mother. So basically, I have 3 kids nearly every day of the week from 5am until about 6pm, but I love it as I have always loved kids. I was pretty much ready to be a mother by the age of 16 and was even helping my sisters raise their kids. 

Despite having such a busy life, I manage to find the time to do the things I love to do. Mostly reading or writing. I write my own Fanfiction, though not the way most people think of when they hear the term Fanfiction. I don't do slash fic nor do I change the story line too much. I mostly remove the characters that I feel don't have much purpose or that I don't like and add some of my own. It's my own little creative outlet, I guess and I really get a kick out of it. It helps me to de-stress a lot. 

Reading wise, my tastes vary depending on my mood. I like horror, YA, fantasy, paranormal and even some romance. But I will also read a good crime novel if I'm in the mood for it and I will always do my best to finish a book if I start it. Though sometimes that's not always the case. In my entire life, there have only been 3 books that I haven't been able to finish and I hope that I won't need to add too many more to that number. Then again, my to-read list is close to 2,000 books so you never know. 

I do have a tendency to read a lot of books about vampires. I am not sure why, that just seems to appeal to me the most, but I have read all kinds of books. Though I just recently started keeping this blog with my reviews and I hope to keep it going in hopes that I can help other people find some good books to read that they might not have heard about anywhere else. :) 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment