Tuesday, December 27, 2016

FaeTAL (FaeTAL Series Book 2)- Becca Moree


Becca Moree has done it again. Another book that made me want to skirt my adult responsibilities and climb into my reading area and shut the world out! In fact, that's exactly what I did (Except for shutting the world out, I have kids, I can't do that.)

At first, we kind of pick up where we left off in book 1, but then just when you think you are about to get some answers, BAM, we are in someone else's point of view and it leaves you sitting there stupidly with your mouth open wondering what the hell happened to these Characters you have grown to love in book one. Because that's the main reason you picked up the second book in this series, right? Now, I have said in previous reviews that I HATE it when the point of view keeps changing because that makes it hard to keep up with the story-line. I must admit that I spoke to soon. That or I hadn't found an author that knew how to do it smoothly. Until Now. 

Another confession, when I first started this series and when I first met the author, I was apprehensive about the writing style. I am very picky with the books I read and the writing style has to be just perfect for me to get into them and previous authors that I have discovered through FB groups were not exactly my style. Let me just say this; Becca Moree knows her shit. She knows how to keep you wanting more. She knows how to write. And she knows how to tell a DAMN good story. She has quickly become one of my favorite authors! It also helps that she is a DAMN good person too! 

I will admit that this book is different from the first. Not so much horror and gore as explaining what the Fae are as well as the bonds they share with there mates. Of course, we do still see the carnival of darkness and the asshole that is Fred (I WISH HE WOULD JUST DIE ALREADY! A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE DEATH). But it is not the center of the story anymore which I found refreshing! But that does not mean that ANYTHING was taken away from this series because it wasn't. It was still just as good of a story and just as well written as Carnival of Darkness was. 

The ONLY complaint I have about this book/series, is that the next one isn't out yet. I am completely hooked on these characters and am in love with the story! Another one to add to my favorites! 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment