Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse Book 1)- Charlaine Harris



I actually started reading this series because I loved the TV show and my library actually had them. I live in a small town where the library isn't that big. 

The story takes place in Bon Temps, Louisiana where we meet Sookie Stackhouse. She's a perky waitress who has the abilities to meet minds, something she found to be a huge burden. As she was working one day, a vampire finally walks into the bar and it was like the best day of her life. She had been wanting to meet one since the day they had "come out of the coffin" so to speak. But she had no idea that her growing relationship with Vampire Bill was going to turn her entire life completely upside down. She was thrust into the world of the supernatural and as if that wasn't bad enough, several girls around town (who were also intimate with vampires) started getting murdered and her brother was the main suspect. Now Sookie must try to deal with everything that was being thrown at her and prove her brother's innocence before it was too late. 

As I said, the TV show is actually the main reason I started reading this book and I am glad I did. Seeing the similarities was so exhilarating for me. When the show ended it broke my heart because I had felt like I had a relationship with those characters and this series started bringing all that back.

I might be a little biased on my rating since I have watched the TV show first. But, as of right now, I actually like the TV show a little bit more than the book series. Don't get me wrong, the book was awesome, but it just wasn't the show. So, I am actually going to give this book 4 stars instead of 5. 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment