Monday, January 9, 2017

Cirque Act 1: Ashleigh Giannoccaro



Wow. That about sums up this entire book in one word. Wow. But that is definitely not a bad thing. 

Cirque takes you on a dark and twisted emotional roller coaster full of twist and turns that you never see coming. Normally, this kind of book would not be something I find myself enjoying but the author had me hooked from the first chapter as the writing is absolutely incredible. 

She manages to take something that is taboo and turn it into something beautiful. A work of art. A dark piece of art, yes, but a work of art none the less. And while a part of me loves that I liked this book so much, the other part of me almost feels dirty for how much I actually enjoyed it. And it wasn't just about the sex either. 

This books takes you on the journey of becoming who you really are. No matter what dirty little secrets you might be hiding. It finds good even in the darkest of times, before shattering them all over again (Thanks Cliffhanger), and shows you that you should embrace even the darkest part of you, even if you are ashamed of it. 

Yes it does have a circus theme and flashbacks of sexual abuse against a child, but it's explaining why these characters are the way they are. I know, for a lot of people, the circus and clowns don't make for a good read, I know I felt that way before reading this book, but don't let the theme keep you for what I believe to be an amazing story!

I can't wait for the second book to come out. This was amazing! 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment