Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Fifth Wave- Rick Yancy



Now, I am normally not big into Sci-fi/Alien type things. I could never get into Star Trek or even Star Wars, nor could I read books about things like that. But I do like reading about the end of the world type stuff (Don't ask me why as most people find that kind of thing super depressing), so I decided to give this book a shot and I was actually very glad I did. 

In this particular series, the Alien Invasion came in 5 separate waves. First, they knocked out all the power. Then, an earthquake big enough to shake the entire planet. Third, a disease that spread across the world. By the fourth wave, the aliens were already on earth, inhabiting human bodies so they remained undetectable. The fifth wave is human extinction. Only a few survivors remain and together they must fight to keep the planet for the human race. But how can you fight as a group when your only chance of survival is to trust no one? 

From page one this book had me captivated, written in Cassie's point of view, it's a very easy but captivating read as she is a teenager who still thinks and talks about teenage things. You go on this journey with Cassie as she tries to survive the invasion the only way she knows how. I actually would highly recommend this series. 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment