Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Apocalypse (The Undead World Book 1)- Peter Meredith




For those who know me, you know how picky I am when it comes to my "End of the World, Apocalyptic" novels. I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead and since I got into that, normally nothing can compare. Then I picked up this book, and while it is nothing like The Walking Dead, it has quickly become one of my favorite Zombie series.

I know for the most part, the Zombie thing is pretty worn. Since Walking Dead, Zombie's seem to be the new thing. But Peter Meredith has managed to put something new into the Apocalypse.

While reading this book, I realized that almost everything that occurred, would most likely happen should the Zombie Apocalypse actually come to pass. Which is both interesting and very depressing. With each new chapter, we see things from the point of view of different members of the group. Now, normally, this would turn me off of a book because to me that skips around, a lot, but Mr. Meredith has managed to make the transition smooth and very easy to follow. You can't help but get into the story as we follow the group and see just how far the world has crumbled since Zombies came into the picture. It is the first book in the series and while, in the beginning, it was a little slow, it definitely picks up and I couldn't seem to put it down. We see how the group forms and we get background information on each of them. We see where they came from and how their particular skills either help or hamper them in the most trying times. We also watch them grow and change to accommodate their current surroundings. All in all a very captivating read.

 Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

*Amanda*

No comments:

Post a Comment